Last updated: October 22, 2020.
What Personal Information About Customers Does FlippaMart Collect?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services.
Here are the types of personal information we collect:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you provide in relation to FlippaMart Services. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our FlippaMart Services.
For What Purposes Does FlippaMart Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve FlippaMart Services. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the FlippaMart Services.
- Recommendations and personalization. We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences and personalize your experience with FlippaMart Services.
- Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws. For instance, we collect from vendors information regarding place of establishment and bank account information for identity verification and other purposes.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to FlippaMart Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat).
Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, FlippaMart, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
Does FlippaMart Share Your Personal Information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling our customers’ personal information to others. We share customers’ personal information only as described below and with subsidiaries FlippaMart.com.
- Transactions involving Third Parties: We make available to you services, products, provided by third parties for use on or through FlippaMart Services. For example, you can order products from third parties through our stores. We also offer services or sell product lines jointly with third-party businesses. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customers’ personal information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, and email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content, scoring, assessing and managing credit risk, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but may not use it for other purposes.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties.
What Information Can I Access?
You can access your information, including your name, address, payment options, profile information, Store Manager settings, and purchase history in the “Your Account” section of the website.
Related Practices and Information
- Vendor Program Policies
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us When You Use FlippaMart Services
You provide information to us when you:
- Provide information in Your Account(and you might have more than one if you have used more than one email address or mobile number when shopping with us) or Your Profile ;
- offer your products or services on or through FlippaMart Services;
- communicate with us by phone, email, or otherwise;
- upload images, or videos to FlippaMart;
- participate in Discussion Boards or other community features;
- provide and rate Reviews;
- specify a Special Occasion Reminder; or
- employ Product Availability Alerts, such as Available to Order Notifications.
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as:
- identifying information such as your name, address, and phone numbers;
- payment information;
- your age;
- your location information;
- your IP address;
- people, addresses, and phone numbers listed in your Addresses;
- email addresses of your friends and other people;
- content of reviews and emails to us;
- personal description and photograph in Your Profile;
- images and videos collected or stored in connection with FlippaMart Services;
- information and documents regarding identity, including driver’s license numbers;
- corporate and financial information;
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access through FlippaMart Services include:
- status of recent orders;
- your complete order history;
- personally identifiable information (including name, email, password, and address book);
- email notification settings (including Product Availability Alerts, Delivers, Special Occasion Reminders, and newsletters);
- recommendations and the products you recently viewed that are the basis for recommendations (including Recommended for You and Improve Your Recommendations);
- content that you recently viewed;
- Your Profile (including your product Reviews, Recommendations, Reminders, and personal profile);
- If you are a vendor, you can access your account and other information, and adjust your communications preferences, by updating your account in My Account.